Thursday, June 12, 2014

2014-06-02 "Wow, is my hair out?!"

Ibig-sabihin, my comp got a hair cut... he feels bald. In case you were all wondering. Ah, he's still pogi! So how is my wonderful family doing this fine day?!?! Basically, your all gonna hate me again. I am completely brain dead and have no idea what happened this week (this happens to me every week.....), but anywho, this week was once again a spectacular week!!!
So, first, you all need to realize how wonderful your washers and dryers are. Homework for tonight. Go to your washer, put your arms around it (you may feel slightly sheepish, but your washer will appreciate it... not to mention it'll give me a good laugh) and tell your washer that you love it. Your washer saves you a lot of hard work! Appreciate it! This week, I decided that I need to get caught up completely on laundry, but of course every day you add to it (especially if you have my shirts! Mom, don't let josh get the kind of shirts I have! They are a magnet for dirt! My two long sleeve ones that are regular material don't do this.... but they are long sleeve! So of course I don't wear them....). So, I did laundry every night... I have now given up, I am taking my clothes to a laundromat! I hate laundry!
On a slightly better note (slightly is like, so underexaggerated its like saying that Mount Timpanogos is a slight bump in the earth), Sherwin (the guy I OYM'd at the SM) came to church yesterday!!! He rescheduled work and showed up with his daughter! Man that guy is a stud. He finished the BoM again. This old guy was trying to deep doctrine everyone in Gospel Principles, and Sherwin just is like, "That's not how it is," And then he pulled out a story from the BoM and straightened him out... What?!?! This is before we have ever even had like a legit lesson with this guy! We have talked about Joseph Smith, but this is all just coming from his own research, this guy is a stud! So, basically, talk to everyone about the gospel! You never know when your gonna find a Sherwin!
Guess what else! So, for those of whom do not remember the Abihay family. They are less active. Their father is offended and he and his wife don't exactly follow all the commandments. They follow the major ones... but... yeah. They are less active. Well, their 8 year old son decided he wants to go on a mission! So we have been teaching him BoM stories at his house. Some of the other kids in that neighbor hood have been listening too!!! All of the kids in that neighborhood love me. Its rather nice. When they see us coming, [they know my name now!!] they are like, "Elder Christen" (they can't seem to get the last part down!), They always want "Up-Here's"... anywho, they have started listening too! Elder Mariano is really good at telling stories to little kids. I am working on that. I can tell them in English, but it takes some thought in Tagalog. Wow, anywho, the kid that is 8 (I am getting side-tract), he came to church this last week! And the Santillan kids were friend shipping him... Gotta love them.
Speaking of the Santillan kids, All the kids are finally getting baptized this week!!! Saturday my friends! I am super pumped for them! They are all way ready. Unfortunately, the oldest boy, Jasper, is then moving out to live with his grandparents. He used to live with them, and then came here for the summer, and his grandparents through a fit, so they are sending him back out for one more year... sad day.

So Saturday was also my comps birthday. So today we made some delicious food that we will eat tonight. I am rather excited. And the ZL's (that we live with) said they are gonna make us some bicol express sometime! I am super pumped!

Well, that's all folks, I can't remember my week. Gotta run. Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment