Monday, March 10, 2014

2014/03/09 "Hey dad, why can't dinosaurs talk?...It's cause they're dead."

Hello Folks!!!
How is my wonderful family doing!?!? For those of you who don't know the quote (said some what like a child bearing his testimony, "for those of you who don't know me, my name is Matt C


hristensen, I 4 years old.) its from Brian Regan. His son made it up. Isn't that wonderful?! haha, maybe not, but i think it is. Anyways, speaking of wonderful things ("rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens"... hmm... actually I think I recall them being the favorite things, but wonderful works too.) It was another killer-awesome-fabulous-blow-everyone-away kind of week! Oh do I love this area!!!! So basically, the bad news is, I locked my journal in the church yesterday after meetings and now I do not have any kind of notes or anything to go off of! And this week is kind of a blur to me... The other bad news is that I now have The Sound of Music stuck in my head! haha, I guess that's ok.

Ok, so I know that numbers mean nothing, but we seriously found at least one new investigator every day and they are all gonna be quality people! Ten new investigators!!! And they are all awesome! Like, so this one day we were walking down the street and my comp was like, "Kumusta Po Nanay." Basically like, "whats up woman." And he was speaking to a man.... yup, whoops!! So we quickly booked it down the next street, and then we walked up, saw this guy on his porch and started talking to him. He was like, "yeah, I have a Book of Mormon. My wife used to get taught by some sister missionaries last year. We just couldn't put it down! It just made us feel so happy and light inside and we just wanted to know more! Will you come back and teach us when my wife is here?" haha, (jaw drops to the ground, kinda like a Tom and Jerry kind of jaw drop) umm... I suppose we could come back... if you really want us to... we might make you beg though! haha, not! So they are gonna be awesome. This other guy we met was like, "yeah, I have a Book of Mormon. I've been to your church before but its hard for me to get there cause I am old now." No matter! We can help him! Super good week!
So we got this referral from the ZL's, they met this lady last week. Turns out she is a less active and her family is all catholic. She has been attending catholic mass but asked for the missionaries. We went there last night. It was a super awesome lesson!!! The two older girls said that they want to be baptized and the father was super into the lesson! You could just tell, they are as golden as it comes. They will be a very strong family in a very short time. Haha, they were all very intrigued by my socks... you see, they may or may not have small purple spots on them in a very professional way, and the children very much enjoyed that! Haha, they were also very impressed that I could do some magic tricks! Dad, I used yours, and then I did a card trick, and then i did my favorite one. I have them close their eyes really hard and think of there number (before they close there eyes I had them tell the person next to them so that we knew they "weren't cheating"), and then I cheated and while they had their eyes closed I convinced there mom to tell me the number! Then when they opened their eyes I knew the number! hahahaha, as the scriptures say, "They were sore amazed." well, maybe it says that, it sounded fun to say! Anyways, they are a super awesome family! And my Tagalog is improving in heaps and bounds (I say this every week, and yet, I am still awful.... it feels like its improving a ton though!!!).
We had a half day mission this week! It was super good! All the ward members came with us into Basud and we went and talked to all the less actives there!!!! It was super good! For lunch we went to a members house and cut down coconuts and drank coconut milk, and we ate the insides, we harvested some Jack Fruit, the members said we will have to have some this next week. I'm down! Then we had some bread. So it was coconuts and bread for lunch! Which was actually quite delicious! We are starting the new branch soon. First though, they are going to have it be under the direction of the ward. They will just have like 7 or 8 people to sacrament meeting up in San Felipe and the bishop or whomever he sends will preside over it for now. Then in a bit when they find a real place to meet and have more people, they will make it into a branch! And then the mission president says we will split the area!
So, randomly Sister Alma (my first baptism) moved up north for work. We had no idea she was moving until she was gone. Her mother says that she was just waiting to be baptized and now she is gone. We had no idea, so it came as kind of a shock!
Haha, so we had an investigator come to church yesterday. Leo. He is amazing!!!! Basically, I don't remember if this was last week or not, but whatever. They gave him a BofM a while ago. Now we are visiting him again. We asked him if he's read much and basically he reads every morning and every night. He just finished the Words of Mormon... yeah, we can't get anybody to read that much! Then we were talking to him and we was like, "I like reading it a lot! But there is something missing." We were just like, Uh-oh. And he was like, "yeah, I read this verse about repentance and baptism... I feel super good when I am reading but then it goes away. I just feel like I need to be baptized and then I can feel like that all the time." Yeah, another jaw drop moment. haha, Then he came to church and was like, "yeah, I just feel like... I don't know (makes an uplifting motion with hands)... inside me." hahaha, yeah, he's awesome!!! He's a for sure baptism. Both he and Tom like to go out as investigators to work with us! What?!?!! Its super dope!!! The rest of his family is starting to be interested too.
So basically, Tons of other awesome stuff happened this week, but I cant remember!!! I am sorry!!!! This week we have splits with the ZL's, that is gonna be super awesome!!! And we have newbie training!!! Which means that I get to see Elder Tuitavake again and Elder McMurtrey! Well, I actually say Elder McMurtrey this week too! He is in my zone, so I saw him at Zone training. That was pretty sweet!
"I say unto thee, farewell. For my time is short at hand. I leave unto thee these final words. Cleave unto the Lord thy God in all thy doings. That thine days may be filled with joy and happiness. May the lord thy god bless thee in all thine doings. I say unto thee, farewell, my love is with thee, from now till the eternities. And thus ended the forth week of the reign of the Elders, and thus ended the writings of Elder Christensen on these plates." 2 Matthew 4:12

(obviously 1 Matthew would have been in the MTC, 4 for the week.... and 12... for the hour of writing... I suppose. hmm, sometimes its fun to talk like the scriptures...)
Peace Out!
(P.S.- Translated into normal English, I love you all!!! I hope you have a fantastic Week! Gotta Run!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment