Monday, March 17, 2014

2014--03-17 OOOH the Shame! I put a change in my Name! And I got down hearted, every time that I... Pumba! Not in front of the kids! Oh, Sorry!

Hakuna matata! What a wonderful phrase!

Anyways, sorry, I am singing lion king in my head right now....

How is my wonderfully beautiful family on this fine Monday morning?!?! I hope you are doing as well as me. But, that's doubtful! Oh yes, it was a fantastic week for me! Our week didn't look as good on paper as it did last week, but it was just as good if not better!

So first of all, Tuesday was fantastic because we had Trainers Training. Which means I saw my comps from the MTC! Such a good day! It was so good to see them. It was a very good meeting and it was a very nice time seeing my comps. Elder Tuitavake is on the other side of the mission from me, so that is the only time for a very long time I will see him again, but it was a good call! Unfortunately, I left my journal at home again! So.... yeah, I'll do my best to remember the week.

First off, This morning. The Assistant Ward Mission Leader in our ward is a returned missionary. He is a total stud, just got back from Cali. So this morning we played some ping pong with him for fun. What I was unaware of, is that he is pretty much a ping pong champ. Ping pong is the sport over here! So, I am okay at ping pong, but he was the Bicol Region Representative for Ping Pong... Basically, he is way good. I played him this morning..... I didn't win. haha, yeah, I was actually keeping up with him really well for a long time, and then he spanked me... My comp is actually really good too. He beat me. That one was a lot closer, but... these guys are legit!!! You would have that the Filipino was doing some sort of MMA combat fighting the way he jumped around with his paddle! That was some pretty salty stuff! Anywho, I have been humbled...

So the best part of this week, is that we found an AMAZING family!!!! The mom is a member. The father has a WoW problem, and he and the kids are Catholic. Luckily for us, they live right next to us, so we can visit them any day of the week. So we visited them three times this week. And they were AWESOME lessons!!!!! Sooo good! Basically, they all have baptismal dates, came to church yesterday, and they are just super awesome. Actually, the girls asked us if they could be baptized before we even challenged them! It was way sick! They are always super excited to see us! They are my favorite!

So yesterday, as well as the Santillan (the family previously mentioned), Tom came to church again! He is progressing very nicely to baptism. The problem is, he is only visiting his sister, and in a month-ish, he is gonna be heading home... He is making good progress, and he still comes and teaches with us!!!

So, apparently there is this girl that has been coming to church for sometime that we never knew about. She is the maid of one of the sisters in the ward and is interested in the church. So we taught her this week. Visiting them is their grandpa. He is WAY COOL!!!!! Basically, he is a killer artist! He sells his pictures for thousands of dollars! and he actually has a picture of Christ hanging in Salt Lake somewhere. He is a member. And tattooed head to foot. But he is way cool. And super funny! Josh needs to meet this man, that's all I could think about as I looked at his pictures. They were way cool!

We also went on splits with the ZL's this week. They are way cool! I went with Elder Maroket to his area. It was way cool. Hard, because he is Filipino and didn't translate or anything for me. But I am getting to the point where I can pretty much understand what is going on. I miss lots of words, but usually I know what's going on. It was way fun to teach with him. He is a really good teacher and its always fun to learn from someone like him! We were teaching this LA family. Basically the mother finally told us that when they were baptized her husband prayed about the BoM, but she didn't. He was the one that received the answer, she didn't. And basically she struggles a lot with her testimony, but no matter how much we tried to get her to read the BoM and pray about it, she was just getting offended saying that we were doubting her testimony, which got me really confused, because the whole problem we were trying to fix was her doubting her testimony... Yeah.... she didn't make any sense and I don't know enough Tagalog to help that make sense to her.

Sooooo, yeah, lots of really good stuff happened this week, but I don't remember all of it cause wala journal. Sorry, it is slightly disappointing...

Hmmm, I started reading a little from Jesus the Christ this week... Its way good!!!

Umm.... Oh yeah! So last week I said that there is this awesome lady here, Nanay Abiera. Well, I was talking to her this week, she has has over 175 referral baptisms!!!! She is so unreal! She has a new referral for us like, every week or two. And most of her referrals lead to baptisms. She is way cool. She was studying to be a nun when she found the church. Now she is the best member missionary I know. The missionaries that baptized her had NO IDEA really what exactly they were doing. We could easily start a ward with all the people she has referred to baptism. Easily. Yeah, anyways, she is just my daily dose of inspiration!


Alright, gotta run! Mahal Ko kayo! Kita Kitz! Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment