Sunday, March 9, 2014

2014/01/27 "We must follow the 11th commandment, do unto others before they do unto you."

Hey there dearest family of mine!
How are yalls doing!!! I hope you are all doing well. This week, is kinda the usual, because as usual, you are finding me, TOTALLY 100% PUMPED TO BE HERE!!!!!! Basically, this place never ceases to amaze me!! I love it here!!! Every day I learn more about the gospel and my language skills get better! My language skills are about as good as using a bent rusty nail to open a can of beans in the middle of Antarctica with no fingers, but, that's better than having no bent rusty nail at all! (ok, slight exaggeration, its amazing how fast the language is coming, during lessons now we just go in and start talking now. We don't have to script out our lines or anything cause we can sorta speak it out in broken-ish Tagalog. Today the older district left, leaving us the oldest district.... which means that in two weeks I fly out to the Philippines!!!! I am so freaking pumped you could probably imagine a three year old in a candy factory and have the right picture in mind (unless you imagine that child to be lost and crying for his momma... that only happens at night ;). So one of the missionaries in my district happens to be really short... so we happen to make a lot of short jokes... They told us they like short jokes, so I don't feel bad telling them... but we have been having so much fun with them! Haha, like, "Hey Elder Jones, you are a good missionary, you seem to be really DOWN TO EARTH!!! Boom, roasted." Hahaha, I know, I am really lame, but its all good fun! Kind of the saying here is that the days are long and the weeks are fast.... I disagree... its more that I get into bed every night exhausted saying, "Where did my day go!!! That was so fast!" Its so good here! I love that Elder Tuitavake has such a good voice! As we are walking around we will randomly start breaking into song, and we get some pretty sick harmonies going! Today I got a pocket sized hymnal so we have a little more variety in songs we can sing...
We have a new district coming in this week, but this time itll be my turn to give them orientation... that'll be weird, I feel like I just got here myself! And they're gonna be looking up to me? Thats a little weird. Oh well, it'll be a good time.




well, this week several awesome things happened, like... well, pretty much everything was awesome. Teaching, eating, running into grandparents... it was a good week. I am sorry that I don't send big awesome letters like Dallin, but the I am gonna try to send some pics now, so this is gonna be it this week so I have time to figure this out... sorry!

I love you all so much! And I hope you all had killer awesome times without me! Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment