Monday, March 10, 2014

2014/03/02 "Can I have some cookies? No...how about you try on some of my shoes? Oh, ok."

Hello Lovely Family of mine!!!!!
Once again we had a freaking good week!!!! I'm am starting to wonder if that will change... hmm. Probably not. It seems pretty consistent. So, this week was pretty spankin'


good! I seem to have left my journal at home though so this is all gonna just be off the top of my head.... sorry!
So probably one of my favorite parts of the week was when Tom came to work with us!!! So we were teaching him one day and after the lesson he said that he wanted to come work with us if he could. We were just like, Um, Yeah! Ok!! So he did! Tom is the one that we found about two weeks ago while we were looking for Andrew. So he came with us and we had 3 killer lessons!!! The spirit was super strong!!! We explained to him what a testimony was, and basically he told us that he had a testimony of Joseph Smith and that God lives. What?!! That was sick! We asked him if he wanted to share his testimony, and he said not this time, he wanted to see how things went. But he wants to keep going with us whenever we go to that area, and next time he wants to bear testimony. What?!?! Dang that's awesome! As we walked him home after the lessons we cleared up a ton of stuff for him and now he is super excited for his baptism!! Also he is a lot like Joel, so we are gonna try and get the two of them to meet because they are gonna be really good friends! And then they will get baptized together!!! The hard thing though, is that Joel doesn't have a house any more, so we can't really get the two of them to meet yet. Hopefully he will find a house this week. And he got a job in our area! So that means that he is still most likely gonna be in our area!!!! We are super excited for the two of them. Both of them want to be baptized, but now we have to push their baptismal dates back because Tom was sick and didn't come to church, and Joel couldn't come because of something to do with a house.... I didn't really catch what it was, but he and his wife really want to come to church. So that was awesome this week!
So, we teach this family named the Favias. They are a super awesome family, and right before I got here three of there girls got baptized. Now we are teaching them the new member lessons.... They have a little sister that is probably 6... she bites. Hard. So during the lesson she was sitting next to me on the couch and all the sudden she bit my arm! She is worse than the mosquitoes! I got bitten by her 8 times during the lesson! And when she sets her jaw in, there is no getting her off! I woke up the next morning and still had a red mark from one of her bites! She is fun, but when she starts biting..... look out! haha, they are a really awesome family though. She is actually one of my favorite kids.... but.... yeah, that was an amusing anecdote.
So unfortunately like... nobody came to church this week. It was a sad day. Especially cause this week we can't even blame the rain! So, we had one investigator show up. Sister Cristlyne. She is a long term investigator waiting on marriage papers. This last week she got her Birth Certificate I think, and then she just needs to actually go and get her marriage papers, so she could be getting baptized this next month! She is super Converted though. She is just as involved in the ward as everyone else. She even has a calling kinda... how crazy is that! but ya, she says she is gonna try to get that done this week, so we are super pumped!
Nanay Abiera, she is amazing. All I am gonna say! Ok, not really. She is pretty much the epidamy  (epitome) of what a member missionary is. She is kind of a pioneer member in this area and she can look at about half the ward and say, "She was my referral 20 years ago!" Ya, she is kinda unreal. We are trying to reach another of her referrals with her, but we are having a hard time catching them at home. She gave us another referral two weeks ago that committed to baptism. But he got in a tricey accident and has been in the hospital. Hopefully we can start teaching him again this week. She is awesome! Apparently back in the day she was studying very hard to become a nun when she started taking the lessons. Now she is pretty much the best member I have ever met!
So they are going to start a new branch up in San Felipe in a couple weeks and President says that when they split the ward he is going to bring in new missionaries and split the area. Which is going to be really awesome because San Felipe is a 45 minute jeepney ride away, and this will give us more time to work in our other areas. So I am super excited for that! This week we were going to have a half day mission with the ward in our area, but it got canceled. So yesterday in Ward Council we got it all set up for this week and we are now going to do a full day mission! Basically we are going to visit every less active in Basud! There are a ton that I have never even met so this is gonna be really good! Its gonna be weird though because we are gonna be on splits for this. I am gonna be with one of the members in the ward. That's gonna be super hard cause I don't know the area Super well yet, and my Tagalog is still really bad. I'll be passable hopefully, but its gonna be a killer awesome opportunity to grow! While we are doing this half day mission the ZL's are going to go up to San Felipe with the Bishop to find a meeting house for the new branch.
This week at Zone conference I will see Elder McMurtrey again! He is one city away and in our zone but I haven't been able to see him yet. But this week we have Zone Conference so I am gonna be able to see him! I am super pumped! Then next Tuesday all of us newbies are going with our trainer for some training at the mission home or something... So I should See Elder McMurtrey again and Elder Tuitavake! I am pretty excited!
 
This last week a Super Market opened in our area that should have real cheese! I am super pumped! I love cheese! And we have potatoes, so we are gonna try baked potatoes in our toaster oven... I love the food here, but I wouldn't mind eating a baked potato again if we had some cheese!
Sadly, Andrew flew back to America this week. Hopefully he will find some more missionaries there. The good news is that his mom is still here and we can teach her. And because of him we found Tom and we have a potential investigator down the street that we got to talk to because of him, and one behind him because of Tom, and we only know Tom because of Andrew! So basically, it is sad that he is leaving, but he kind of led us to a ton of other people!!!
Alright, well, I could go on forever, but I'll stop here. I love you all so so so so so so soooo super duper much! And I hope you have a fantastic week! Peace Out!
Oh, P.S. That movie quote at the top is from While You Were Sleeping. The reason being for this quote, my shoes got completely soaked, which was totally awesome cause that means that it was raining, and I enjoy the rain, but dry shoes are always a nice thing.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment